Friday, April 2, 2010

Chaga tea experiment

It's not unusual to see chaga on birch trees while running in the forest. They are usually too high up - unless you are willing to climb, but even then you might need some tools to detach it. I was able to bring this little piece home only because there's so much snow this winter. I've never done this before, so this was a totally new experience for me.

I put it in a blender with some water to break it into little pieces. Then I boiled it in a couple of litres of water with some ginger. I got lots of nice chaga tea, which goes very well with goji berries by the way.

I suppose the health benefits could be there, although I'm not quite sure what they would be for a fit person like me. Probably a stronger immune system due to antioxidants, or something like that.

Here's a video of a chaga hunter in action.

1 comment:

davidshem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.