Friday, December 31, 2010

Cure Tooth Decay

I've sure had my fair share of tooth issues in the past. I had my last mercury amalgam filling replaced by a modern filling early this year.

One of my goals for the new year is to prevent future cavities. That's why I got interested in 'Cure Tooth Decay' by Rami Nagel. His book is to a large degree based on the pioneering work by dentist Weston Price.



Mr. Nagel's videos below certainly provide a solid starting point, but I'd still recommend getting the book (now also available as an ebook). The second edition has a bonus chapter on how to remineralize and repair your child's tooth decay naturally.







'Cure Tooth Decay' gave me a lot of good ideas for 2011. The key points of the book are:
  • Tooth decay is caused by environmental forces such as food. Bacteria are not the cause of cavities.
  • Dentists are surgeons. Dentistry has never promised to prevent future cavities.
  • Our modern diet is deficient in fat-soluble vitamins and minerals. A diet that includes plenty of fat-soluble vitamins and vegetables usually resolves this imbalance.
For recipes along the same lines, 'Nourishing Traditions' by Sally Fallon is suggested.



Tip: remember to take some cod liver oil daily.

Cavity-free New Year!

No comments: