Friday, February 15, 2013

One easy trick to prevent 15 leading causes of death

I'm totally with Woody Allen who once famously said "I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

All leading causes of death (except accidents) are foodborne illnesses. Focusing on the latest scientific studies, Michael Greger MD offers practical advice on how to feed ourselves to beat these top 15 killers.

This is a long video, but surely 55 minutes well spent, if it keeps you healthy and strong the next 50 years. The dude is funny too, and doesn't even try to sell you any supplements. Check out his excellent website NutritionFacts.org for more informative videos.

By the way, look out for Finland getting mentioned after 50:30.

Spoiler: the trick is to eat only plants! This may be way too simple and easy for many sceptical people to accept. Just give it a try for a while, ok?

2 comments:

Will Cooper said...

I can't even stick to vegetables for dinner. thanks for the post..very informative!

Jukka Kukkonen said...

I know where you're coming from. I used to eat minimal amount of veggies. Now I eat nothing but them and it feels completely natural. Funny how quickly your habits can change if you give it a try!