Sunday, October 20, 2013

Test-running Crivit 2D PRO off-road shoes

I've been looking for waterproof trail running shoes for my fall/winter training.

Crivit 2D PRO off-road shoes.
Crivit 2D PRO waterproof off-road shoes with Carbolite midfoot stabilizer and GripMotion outsole was my first choice for testing. Maybe the 19.99€ price tag had something to do with it.

GripMotion outsole.
I upgraded insoles to a pair from my old Hokas and installed new Lock-Laces as well - not really necessary I guess, but I just happen to love them.

Carbolite midfoot stabilizer is hard plastic of course, not real carbon.
These Crivit shoes seem like pretty good value for only 20€ (a recent bargain by Lidl in Europe). They also sailed through Will's TacoTest™ with flying colors. The outsole may not be the grippiest out there, but it performed well enough on icy rocks.

These shoes really are waterproof - unless you run in too deep waters!
The weight is about the same as my Hokas, 330 grams/shoe (size 44 EUR or 10.5 US) - except my new Rapa Nui's are 15 grams lighter.

Last but not least, check out this cool testing video. Happy trails!

2 comments:

Will Cooper said...

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to use to replace my Hoka Stensons original version...I've got two pair and I only use them for racing.

Jukka Kukkonen said...

That's a good Q. Hoka Conquest and Vasque Shapeshifter Ultra seem like interesting new 2014 shoes.