Wednesday, January 15, 2014

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO I'm in UTMB 2014!

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm in UTMB 2014!



Since seeing 58-year-young Marco Olmo repeat his incredible 2006 Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc victory again in 2007, I knew this is something I have to try myself. I turned into a 50-something vegetarian trailrunner, much like my idol Olmo.

Fast forward seven years. Next August I'll be running 168 km around Mont Blanc with 2300 runners. I'm not likely to win, but just being able to participate means my dreams have come true.

This is it. Now I actually have to do it. See you in Chamonix!

2 comments:

Peppe said...

Congratulations, Trail Plodder! Now I will have to follow a Finn as well as the Swedes. Interesting!

Jukka Kukkonen said...

Thanks Peppe! Yes the plot thickens. I just noticed one of the Swedes in UTMB 2014 is actually a Finn (Fagerlund).