Monday, October 27, 2014

Lavaredo Ultra Trail 2015 - I'm in!

Lake Misurina welcomed me with a sunrise like this in LUT 2014.

Yes! I received good news: my name was chosen at random from the 19078 pre-registered athletes to participate in The North Face Lavaredo Ultra Trail on June 26-28, 2015. The course will be the same I finished this summer: 119km with 5,850m elevation gain.

Good news via email. I'm in!

Next time I plan to do it without
  • twisting my ankle in the beginning of the race
  • stopping to take photos every five minutes
  • taking little sightseeing tours in the beautiful canyons and gorges. 
In other words, I'd like to finish a lot faster than 26 hours and change. Absolutely no fooling around anymore!

Tre Cime di Lavaredo. There's usually snow around here in June.

Last year's winner Anton Krupicka says it's the most beautiful race he has ever done. And I'm not going to argue with him! Dolomites are stunning, gorgeous and beautiful in every way. What's more, running there is a totally different experience from anything else.

My favorite section of the course is the part from 80 to 100 km.

See you in Cortina d'Ampezzo!

The course profile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats for getting in the second time around—I guess you can safely take that as a hint that you *will* finish a lot faster! I would have liked to run the 2015 edition *very much* but as I said, I had to prioritize… Marriage and kids do have an impact on an ultra runner's life ;)
Reflecting on whether or not I would be ready for it I came to the conclusion that I would definitely be ready. So I'll probably go for the 100mi in the Chiemgau Alps :)

Jukka Kukkonen said...

Thanks Paul! I agree prioritizing is top priority. Chiemgau 100-miler sounds great!