Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March Sunrise Trailruns


I'm looking forward to those magnificent March sunrise trailruns. That's all the motivation I need for training. I won't get much faster; the aim is to climb stronger and descend with more confidence.


Today the sun will rise at 7:17AM in Helsinki. Tomorrow it will be 7:14. Trying to wake up and get out running earlier each morning with the sun is a rewarding challenge in itself. This is a fun race which I will lose before summer as surely as the snow will melt away.


Chuck Palahniuk wrote in Diary: “It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”

Fortunately I have these photos and a few sweet memories as well. These are the best mornings ever.


No comments: