Friday, February 22, 2008

Beautiful ultramarathon day


It rained heavily in the morning, but luckily the sky cleared up before noon. It turned out to be a beautiful warm spring day. Just like March or April, already in February! 

So I decided to do my long run of the week today. The trails were a little wet and muddy, but almost all ice had smelted away. The temperature rose comfortably to +7 C (44 F).

I ran 46.2 km (28.7 miles) in 5 hours 19 minutes - a slow pace. Perhaps I stopped to take photos too often, but it was impossible to resist the temptation. 

The warm föhn wind kept on blowing gently from the west all day long. I probably got slightly dehydrated towards the end of the run, so I headed back home when the sun went down.    

Eight ultramarathons down, 44 to go!



No comments: