Monday, May 4, 2009

Barefoot running trend


Based on Google Trends, I suspect barefoot running might become a serious trend soon. Anyway going back to basics would suit well the current economic recession.

In urban environment with ubiquitous glass most runners would still require some foot protection, so I'm looking forward to trying Feelmax Niesa (to be released in Europe in June 2009 I believe/hope). Of course here up north the cold weather is a problem as well most of the year.

By the way, I'm still running occasionally with my about 15 year old Adidas 'adventure sandals' (that's how they were marketed back then). I suppose they don't make sandals like that anymore, with thin Tarahumara-like rubber sole, synthetic simple upper and functional velcro heel straps. I'd buy new ones immediately if I found something even remotely as good. Luckily these things seem to last forever - that's possibly why they were discontinued!



No comments: