Monday, September 5, 2011

Trail Plodder 777

Having created a new identity called Trail Plodder, I went on to design a new hill workout: 'Trail Plodder 777'.

This morning I realized that climbing the muddy 37-meter north face of Paloheinä (the biggest hill in my 'hood) up and down 21x totals 777 meters (2,550 ft) of ascending and of course the same amount of descending. This is something I've never attempted. So naturally I had to do it right away.

The distance is only about 5K. The hill is 3K from my home, so it's a good warm up/down away. Today I cycled there and back. The workout took me 75 min (+ warmup/down).

Here's a link to my Garmin data, although it severely underestimates the elevation change. It shows my 'moving time' to be 1:08, probably because I took a couple of short breaks to drink some nuun Kona Cola.

The weather was nice and sunny. The trail was a bit muddy and slippery. I chose to wear Hoka One One Bondi B shoes. They worked well for this.

No comments: