Saturday, February 18, 2012

Let the sunshine in - beach tapering for TGC

Let the sunshine in! I've decided to fly down south to a Red Sea beach resort for my TransGranCanaria tapering. After living several months in Scandinavian winter darkness, my pale skin and frozen ass crave for some serious sunshine.

Without a doubt natural UV-rays are the best for great health and mood. Vitamin D pills or tanning machines are just not the same. And getting tanned gradually before the race goes a long way preventing a sunburn on race day.

The emphasis will be totally on relaxation, recovery and fun. I try not to run too much, but I will probably swim a lot and possibly go snorkeling and stuff like that.

I'll fly to Canary Islands only a couple of days before the race, as the weather can be unpredictable there this time of year.

No matter what the weather will be like, it'll be an exciting race. Both Zigor Iturrieta (2011 winner in 13:22) and Lizzy Hawker (2011 winner in 15:55) will be there.

 
INTRO Transgrancanaria 2011 from Bichillorunner on Vimeo.

Here's a classic track by Camel for you, recorded 35 years ago: "Highways of the Sun".

 

No comments: