Friday, December 14, 2012

Eiger Ultra Trail 2013

I have registered for a new exciting race in Switzerland: Eiger Ultra Trail on 20 July 2013. So it will be just three weeks after my 80km du Mont Blanc attempt. Nice!


The 101 km course climbs 6,685 meters clockwise, starting and finishing in Grindelwald. It's located in Bernese Oberland near Interlaken. This is a very scenic and nice area, I've been there before. The trails there are very tough for a flatlander like me.

Eiger Ultra Trail 101 km course.
E101 has a 28-hour cutoff. It starts 5am on Saturday, so you have to finish by 9am on Sunday. Finishers will be rewarded by 3 glorious UTMB points (only 1 point for E51 finishers).



The course profile looks pretty steep, it seems to be going either straight up or straight down all the time. The highest peak is Faulhorn at 2,680 meters.


There will be many famous participants like Oscar Perez (Tor des Geants 2012 winner), Julia Böttger (winner of Canadien Death Race 2012). Ueli Steck, Eiger North Face Speed Record (2h47min) holder, is the Ambassador of the event.

5 comments:

segovillano said...

It is going to be a good challenge for 2013, good luck.
I invite you to my blog Trail Land
http://segovillano.blogspot.com.es/
Regards and merry Christmas

segovillano said...

If you wish you can join to my blog and add my blog link to yours.
we can share races experiences and inform each other about our countries races
Regards

Jukka Kukkonen said...

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too! Sorry I don't speak Spanish, but I checked out your blog with Google Translate and noticed you have done UTMB and Lavaredo, 2 races on my bucket list. What races are you planning to do in 2013? I hope you have a successful year 2013!

Unknown said...

Hey there,

I hope to meet you in Grindelwald. I've signed up for the E101. Not sure if I can meet the cutoff time but I'll try. I ran the CCC 2012 but finished an hour+ later than you.

Regards,

Gavin

Jukka Kukkonen said...

Hey thanks for taking time to comment Gavin. I'm looking forward to the race, although I believe the course is challenging. See you there in July!