Sunday, April 19, 2020

Helsinki 50K50F50%


After watching the old running film UltraMarathon Man: 50 Marathons - 50 States - 50 Days for the first time recently, this is my tribute run for Dean Karnazes.

It’s called 50K - 50F - 50%, as I ran 50 kilometers in 50 degrees Fahrenheit with 50 per cent effort today!

Thanks to Jon and Mikki for running with me for a part of the journey around Helsinki.

In the center of city I took a wrong turn (not unusual for me) and found a stone monument in Armi Ratia’s Park with the following inscription on it:
”There is only one responsibility - beauty; There is only one reality - dream; There is only one power - love.” - Armi Airaksinen, 14 years old Armi Ratia née Airaksinen is the founder of Marimekko. I’ve never been in her park before.

Anyway, nice sunny day for a 50K!









No comments: