Saturday, January 12, 2008

Brain Training For Runners


Brain Training For Runners is a new book by Matt Fitzgerald. I'm going to incorporate this revolutionary new method into my training program this year and see how it works.
 
Here's an interesting review of the book by Toby Guillette, who has already succesfully used the system for a 5K and an ultra running race.

There are way too many great new ideas in the book for one blog posting, so I'll just pick one example: the proprioceptive cues. One by one, these little gems seem to be able to improve my running instantly. Although they may seem a little weird initially I believe that they will make a big difference as long as you can focus your thoughts on them. Without concentration much of their power would certainly be lost.    

No comments: