Saturday, June 14, 2008

45K in six hours

The early morning scene by the river sure looked wonderful.

Soon the sky was totally covered with clouds. I thought it would rain soon - like every day this week - but it didn't. The weather stayed ideal for running all the time I was out there.

I chose to run on sawdust-covered x-country tracks, which are hilly and soft. That may have not been such a good idea, as my left plantar fascia (arch tendon) got a bit painful. Running uphill seemed to make it worse.    

After 39K I taped the foot lightly. That seemed to help. My total running distance was 45K. It took me 6 hours. The 8 min/km average pace felt really slow and easy. I guess there's nothing wrong with that.

This was already my 24th weekly self-supported ultra gig this year. This type of training seems to suit me well. I do one long run each week, and then train whatever I feel like I need to do during the rest of the week.

No comments: