Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Zermatt Marathon: one month out

My first race of the year will be Zermatt Marathon in southern Switzerland on July 5th. I've never been there before, so I took some time to examine the course. 

The route seems to be challenging, with a total elevation gain of 1,944 m and drop of 444 m.

The start is in St. Niklaus (1,085 m) and finish on Riffelberg (2,585 m). 

It's the standard 42.2 km marathon distance, which is not sufficient for my weekly ultra challenge, so I'll add a warm up and down. 


I'm looking forward to running beside the magnificent Matterhorn. I'll take my camera with me and try to take as many photos as possible before, during and after the race.

Hopefully this will prove to be good training for swissalpine 78K in Davos on July 26th.

No comments: