Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fifty down, two to go

I hurt my lower back in a little accident yesterday. The doctor said it's nothing serious and it should be fine in a few days. So I went out for a little jog and took it really easy.

We've got some snow again, but the ground is very wet all over and it's impossible to run any distance without getting shoes, socks and pretty much everything else wet.

I managed to jog 48.8 km (30.3 miles) in 6:18. Fifty self-supported weekly ultramarathons down, only two to go before the end of this year.


This run and the photo above (which was taken a couple of years ago) are dedicated to my father, who sadly passed away on Saturday in a hospital, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease. He taught me to love the sea regardless whether it was stormy or calm weather. He will be greatly missed.

If you are interested in fighting Parkinson's, you can for example get involved with Davis Phinney Foundation  in many ways or simply make a donation.

2 comments:

Tawnee Prazak, M.S., CSCS said...

Stumbled upon your blog when doing a Google search on Chrissie Wellington (a post of yours from april came up). Then I started reading about you and, wow! What an accomplishment you've had this year with you running; quite impressive and extremely inspiring! Congrats... only two more, that must feel amazing!

I'm sorry to hear about your father. You're dedication to him is very touching.

(I'm adding a link to your blog on my page!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind comment Tawnee! I took a quick look at your tri blog and liked the design. Good luck for the half-ironman!