Saturday, December 6, 2008

Introductory period to kick off my Adaptive Running

To kick off the introductory period of my Adaptive Running training, I've gradually sneaked in the following features:
  • short (8-10 sec) and steep (6-8%) hill sprints,
  • moderate progressions (running later segments of an easy workout at a slightly faster pace), and
  • fartlek intervals (incorporating 30-40 second moderate uphill intervals within an easy workout).
December will be my introductory period into Adaptive Running. The purpose of this relatively short period is to establish an appropriate fitness foundation that will prepare me for for the more challenging and focused training later on.

My fundamental period will start in January - that's when my specific marathon training will take place.

My training cycle will peak with a sharpening period just before my goal marathon race in 2009.

For more information about Adaptive Running, please refer to Run Faster by Brad Hudson.



PS. Keep your eyes peeled on my new Adaptive Runner website to follow my Adaptive Running marathon experiment in 2009.  

No comments: