Thursday, March 25, 2010

Raw conifer evergreen elixir

I suddenly got some mild flu symptoms last week. I kept on training of course, and then I got some severe flu symptoms. I was heading towards trouble.

While running around I stumbled upon a huge spruce. We have lots of evergreen conifers everywhere but I've always ignored them. I decided to collect some tiny branches and take them home.

Actually after taking the photo below I saw a nice pine nearby and chose pine needles because they are longer.


I cut the needles from the branches with scissors and threw a handful of them in my blender with a cup of water. In no time I had this awesome looking and smelling evergreen elixir. But how would it taste like?


I filtered out the fiber and poured the juice in a glass. The taste was excellent. After adding a spoonful of agave nectar and a pinch of salt it got even better. I drank it all and felt better right away.


Warning: try this at your own risk. I know nothing, except that my flu symptoms disappeared instantly.

There's no way this could be recommended as an everyday sports drink for any key workout or race. Chances are you might find yourself running for a toilet sooner or later. This stuff seems to provide serious detox power and you will see what that means exactly if you give it a try.

Since making this remarkable discovery I've had a glass or two of evergreen elixir daily. Could be I'm getting addicted to it. This blog about benefits of pine needles might explain why.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In no time I had this awesome looking and smelling evergreen elixir. But how would it taste like..Tennessee Wholesale Nursery