Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kicking 2015 off with a new Half-GRT PR

I set a new 4h32min PR for my Half-Golden Ratio Triathlon today, consisting of

  • 1.2K swim (in 25m pool)
  • 55.6K bike (on Tacx Bushido trainer)
  • 13K run (trails with a few hills)
  • transitions, meals and clothing changes
  • all breaks - the clock ticks non-stop from the start to the finish.

This is 1h15min faster than my previous PR 5h47min set in December - less than a month ago. That in turn was a 1h04min improvement to the PR before that.


The weather was sunny and clear, but freezing cold, especially in windy places. I was running at an easy relaxed pace and even stopped for a 10min chat with an acquaintance I happened to see. The only problem was with my iPhone (protected with Lifeproof Nüüd cover), which complained about the temperature most of the time.


This was my sixth Half-GTR. I have done five full ones as well. I'm happy with the way my fitness is improving with these test events.


No comments: